Welcome to Pets West
Fantastic inventory of Halloween costumes in stock now and 25% off!
They're going fast so come in soon for best selection.
Pets West in Victoria BC is a full-line pet store, offering a wide range of pet supplies and food for dogs, cats, birds, fish, small animals, reptiles, and wild birds. We also carry live fish, birds, small animals, and provide a cat adoption service.
At Pets West we are proud to be Victoria's favorite local pet shop, with experienced and enthusiastic staff who take an active role in the local pet community and look forward to helping you with all your pet care needs and questions. Many of our people have been a part of the Pets West team for 10, 15 and even over 20 years - you might recognize some of them from our commercials!
Video of the Week
Pony beats the heat with a kiddie pool
Halloween Safety Tips
1. Nervous or fearful dogs – We suggest creating a ‘safe place’ for your pet in a separate room, away from the noise and excitement of the festivities. Offer a soft light, with soothing music playing quietly. We also suggest Thundershirts and / or D.A.P calming pheromones. These are available in a plug-in diffuser, collar, or spray form at Pets West. We also carry herbal homeopathic calming supplements and treats to help.
2. Social dogs that want to be ‘part of the action’ handing out candy to trick-or-treaters should only be in costume if they enjoy wearing it, and should be kept on leash just in case they’re suddenly startled or see something chase-worth. You don’t want your pet slipping out of the door on Halloween night!
3. Any calm and social dogs that are going to be heading out with Trick-or-Treating with family members should be well lit with reflective / light up collars, vests etc and we recommend a harness. A collar could be more easily slipped if they get spooked.
4. Halloween costumes should be comfortable, allow the dog proper movement, and be checked for choking hazards. Avoid costumes with beads or dangling pieces that your dog might chew. Headgear such as antlers, antennae, crowns, etc. should only be worn for pictures or momentary viewing and then removed. Pets should not be dressed up if they are stressed, appear uncomfortable, or are easily upset.
5. ALL cats should be kept indoors with a litter box, food dish, and water dish in a quiet room. Offer a soft light, with soothing music playing quietly. We also suggest the calming pheromone treatments for cats to help keep them happy.
6. Birds should be covered and kept in a quiet location with music playing softly.